Sam is our first CFA exam blogger. He was born and raised in Illinois, working in New York and planning to retake Level 1 in December.
Okay. I admit Sally writes most of this stuff. She is the guru. But I do like this power breakfast — it’s even tasty!
We got this recipe from a food blog. It’s a shame we can’t locate source, but it’s delightful recipe. Please give it a try.
We get the organic version of these ingredients but it isn’t a must.
- 1.5 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cold pressed sunflower seed oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon (for taste only. Optional)
- 2 cups barley flakes
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 4 pieces dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 315F (~155C)
2. Mix Group 2 ingredients in large bowl. Pour Group 1 ingredients in the bowl and mix until uniform (consider sing your hands).
3. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (time varies as it depends on your oven). It is better if you stir the mixture once in between.
4. Remove and cool
5. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
6. Viola, done! Enjoy with yogurt, milk or your favorite non-dairy beverage.
This portion lasts for a couple of weeks for us. We eat them every other day. It’s filling so taking a regular bowl for adult and half a bowl for kids is enough.
Latest To-Do List
Come up with healthy food recipe
- Find an aerobic exercise
- Find a way out with Sally
- Sign up for free trial from Wiley CFA
Note from Stephanie
Thanks Sam (and Sally) for this recipe. Very simple to make. I tried that and it’s awesome!
I got most of the ingredients from iHerb.com. They ship worldwide, free if you meet a certain threshold. You can get them riding on my shopping list here, or click on individual items below.
(You should be able to get 10% off by clicking these links)
|Barley flakes||Quinoa flakes||Pumpkin seeds||Chia seeds|
|Hemp hearts||Dried cranberries||Goji berries||Raw walnut|